Nature and nature’s contributions to people are vital for human existence and well-being. Biodiversity – the diversity within species, between species and of ecosystems – is declining fast. Nature across most of the globe has been altered by human actions, with the majority of indicators of ecosystems and biodiversity showing rapid decline.
Biodiversity for companies means risk management, business opportunities and developing regenerative solutions. We need urgent and ambitious action to prevent a larger environmental crisis.
Join us on 12th May, when we discuss the following questions, for example:
- What is the role of business in restoring biodiversity and what should companies do now?
- What kind of risks can biodiversity loss pose to companies?
- How can companies better understand and measure their impacts on nature?
- UN Convention on Biological Diversity & EU's Biodiversity Strategy – What do companies need to know?
- What is the Science Based Targets for Nature -framework and how can companies use it?
This event is available and free of charge for participants of UN Global Compact networks in Finland, Denmark, Norway and Sweden.
The role of business in restoring biodiversity
Jussi Nikula, Conservation Advisor, WWF Finland
UN Convention on Biological Diversity – What do companies need to know?
Marina von Weissenberg, Senior Ministerial Adviser, Ministry of the Environment of Finland
Understanding and measuring your nature impacts
Ville Uusitalo, Associate Professor, LUT University
Case example: Fazer
Fredrik Rosenholm, Vice President, Sustainability, Fazer
Time: Thursday, 12 May 2022, at 10:00–11:45 AM EEST
Participants: Companies participating in the UN Global Compact in Finland, Denmark, Norway and Sweden
Recording: The event will be recorded