As the world continues to face complex sustainability challenges, companies are increasingly looking to deepen their understanding on how to take meaningful and ambitious actions towards the global sustainability agenda outlined by the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
This virtual event will provide practical guidance on how companies can address the SDGs in their business in an impactful and strategic way through the process of prioritizing, goal-setting and business integration.
Accompanied by a keynote from UN Global Compact, we will put the SDGs in a business context and highlight key practical steps for companies to approach the SDGs in an impactful way.
A keynote from Accenture will then highlight how the principles of design thinking can help companies take a practical yet holistic approach when addressing complex sustainability issues in their business.
Finally, company representative from Fiskars will share their own practical experiences and tips on taking actions to advance the SDGs before opening the floor to questions from participants.
A short overview will also be given on the SDG Ambition Accelerator, which is UN Global Compact's capacity building programme to support companies in their work with the SDGs.
- Caitlin Casey, Senior Manager, Global Operations, United Nations Global Compact
- Susanna Fräki, Business Designer, Sustainability Lead, Accenture
- Juulia Rantala, Sustainability Manager, Fiskars Group
Target Audience for the event
This event is for professionals who are committed to advancing the Sustainable Development Goals in their business and want to deepen their understanding on how businesses can strategically address and take meaningful actions towards the SDGs in practice.
- Date: 7 September 2022
- Time: Sweden (CEST) 14:00–15:30 | Finland (EEST) 15:00–16:30
- Webinar: The event will be delivered via Zoom. Participants will receive the meeting link upon registration.
- Language: English
- Registration: Open and free of charge to all companies and organizations (participation in UN Global Compact is not required).
- Contact: If you have questions about the event, you are welcome to contact us via email
By registering to this event, you agree to share your registration data with both UN Global Compact Network Finland and UN Global Compact Network Sweden.
Global Compact Network Finland Global Compact Network Sweden