An update on the new Net-Zero Standard by the Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi)
More and more companies are setting ambitious emission reduction targets following the Science Based Targets framework that guide them on how they shall reduce their emissions in the coming 5 - 15 years.
Companies are also increasingly adopting longer-term net-zero climate targets. However, the definition of net-zero has not been clear, leading to significant confusion and inconsistent claims. This is why the Science-Based Targets initiative (SBTi) launched the new Net-Zero Standard on 28th October.
The SBTi’s new Net-Zero Standard is the world’s first framework that offers a common, robust, science-based understanding of net-zero for corporate target setting. It provides the guidance and tools companies need to set science-based net-zero targets consistent with limiting temperature rise to 1.5°C.
This webinar is an introduction to the key elements of the Net-Zero Standard by SBTi, including examples of Nordic UN Global Compact companies and practical next steps for companies interested in setting a net-zero target.
Join us to learn:
- Why is SBTi’s Net-Zero Standard relevant and for whom?
- What are the key elements of the Net-Zero standard?
- What are the requirements and process to set a Net-Zero target?
- What is the role of compensation and neutralization in the transition to net-zero?
- What has been the main motivation for other Nordic companies to aim for net-zero? What challenges and opportunities do they envisage on their journey towards net-zero?
- Emma Watson | Senior Manager for Net-Zero, CDP & SBTi
- Karol Gobczyński | Head of Climate & Energy, Ingka Group, IKEA
- Kurt Emil Eriksen | Senior Policy Advisor, VELUX
- Event Date: 2 December 2021
- Event Time: 10 - 12 CET / 11 - 13 EET
- Webinar: The webinar will be held on Zoom.
- Recording: The webinar will be recorded.
- Language: English
- Attendees: Open to all Signatories and Pariticipants of the UN Global Compact
- Registration: The webinar is free of charge.Last day to register is 1 December.
- Contact: If you have questions about the webinar, you are welcome to contact us via email, email@example.com
Target audience: This event is for all UN Global Compact companies who want to learn how to set a Net-Zero target in line with the latest guidance by the Science Based Targets initiative. However, this event is not relevant for financial institutions.
This event is organized in collaboration between the UN Global Compact networks in Finland, Denmark, Norway and Sweden.