Why and how can business support and strengthen peace, justice and strong institutions as essential pillars of governance?
Goal 16 of the UN Sustainable Development Goals includes 12 specific targets that promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions.
The SDG 16 Business Framework will help companies embrace transformational governance, a principles-based philosophy that calls on business to be more accountable, ethical, inclusive and transparent as a driver to responsible business conduct, enhanced ESG performance and strengthened public institutions, laws and systems.
In this event, we will present this new framework and discuss transformational governance - a prism through which businesses can expand their understanding of the “G” in ESG. Why should businesses assess and implement each target of SDG 16 and how? Join us to find out!
This event is available and free of charge to all UN Global Compact Signatories and Participants.
- Michelle Breslauer, Senior Manager: Peace & Governance, UN Global Compact
- Christina Koulias, Senior Manager: Global Governance, UN Global Compact
- Event Date: 6 October 2021
- Event Time: 3–4 PM EEST
- Webinar: The webinar will be held on Zoom. Participants will receive the meeting link upon registration.
- Recording: The webinar will be recorded.
- Language: English
- Attendees: Open to all Signatories and Pariticipants of the UN Global Compact
- Registration: The webinar is free of charge. Last day to register is 6 October
- Contact: If you have questions about the webinar, you are welcome to contact us via email, email@example.com